Scrapbook Resume

Thursday 15 March 2012

The Cat's Meow!

We went away for the weekend and my angel of a neighbor took care of our four cats for us. This was VERY much appreciated! It also gave me a chance to use my "Hugs & Kitties" stamp set by Unity Stamp Co. Here's the cute little thank you card I came up with.


 Supplies: Bazzill kraft cardstock; The Pet Stack - DCWV; Walnut Stain distress ink by Tim Holtz, Punches - Stampin' Up/EK Success; Jenni Bowlin Brown Sugar ink; Staz-On Jet Black; Clear Vellum; Tiny Attacher by Tim Holtz; Eucalyptus Stickles by Ranger; Unity Stamp Co - Hugs & Kitties; Ippity by Unity - Just Wanted to Stay; Twine - Papertreyink


Normally I leave the inside of my cards blank, but the little paw stamp needed to be used. It's just so cute....and I am happy with the little detail this added to the card.


This card was also very loosely based on the Saturday Card Sketch by Kimber at Two Peas in A Bucket. I love sketches. I find that they often get me going and a lot of the time my final product looks nothing like the original sketch. But it sure is nice to use a sketch to get you moving when the creativity needs a little push. Thanks for the inspiration Kimber!


Thanks for checking out my card!

Pin It

11 comments:

  1. This is just adorable! Your neighbor will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of little extra details! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the little details on this card. It is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute! Ilove the sentiment inside

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute. Love the kitty and the paw prints!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! I love the button on the tail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh - this is just DARLING!!! LOVE the color combo!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome card!! Love the layout and such pretty details!!

    ReplyDelete