Scrapbook Resume

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge


This month's SPARKS challenge at Paper Smooches was to draw inspiration from this Pinterest photo.

I love the textures and the subtle colors on this wall hanging. And the handmade, organic feel it has.

Right away I thought of burlap when I saw this photo. 
So for my first card, I just knew I had to use it. I drew inspiration from the texture of the layered flowers as well. I love how my card turned out. Simple and clean is more of a challenge for me, but I really felt that the inspiration piece called for this type of look. I really like how the simple tone on tone look of the flowers and the embossed white background gives my card layers and texture while remaining simple. I also feel that the burlap helps give it a bit of that organic feel.

Supplies: Paper Smooches Stamps - Sentiment Sampler; Dry Embossing folder by Crafts Too; Tim Holtz Distress ink - vintage photo; Flowers by Petaloo; Burlap and buttons - Misc.

For my second card, I drew inspiration from the subtle colors in the inspiration peice. I wanted to mimic the white on kraft with a hint of color. So this is what I came up with. Again I added some interest by dry embossing my card base. And I also kept this card clean and simple. I enjoyed this challenge as I had to really work outside my comfort zone. I feel that it pushed me to try something really new.

Supplies: Paper Smooches Stamps - Chit Chat (Sentiment) & A Little Lovin', Perpetual Bliss, Boob Tubes (Hearts); Bazzill kraft cardstock; Versamark ink; American Craft Zing white embossing powder; Dry Embossing folder by Tim Holtz; Buttons & photo corner - Misc.

Thanks so much for looking! Good luck to all the participants this month. I'm already looking forward to next month's challenge.

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Love how you used that burlap- totally awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gasp! I am in love with both of your cards! What really great use of the Paper Smooches stamps and the SPARKS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE both your cards - great interpretations of the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh! Shi, these are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If this is new for you I'd say you nailed it! Your sympathy card caught my eye right away. The recipient will feel good just receiving it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty cards! Thank you so much for playing along in this SPARKS challenge =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Votre carte est superbe et je l'ai scraplifter avec plaisir,
      elle m'a inspirée trois cartes,
      http://scrapatouilledelettrebleue.over-blog.com/
      P.S. désolée, j'ai fait une erreur pour écrire mon message.

      Delete