Scrapbook Resume

Sunday 6 May 2012

A Weekend of Down Time...& Studio TIme!

Hi everyone!! It was so nice to get to spend some time in my studio this weekend! With my busy work schedule these days I have had a hard time feeling like getting crafty (too tired) but this weekend after sleeping in deliciously on Sunday I felt completely refreshed! Here's one of my creations with more to come soon:

This card turned out so pretty...I just love the tone on tone with all the textures. Originally I was gonna put it on a white card base too, but I just love the look of white with kraft.
Supplies Used: Bazzill Cardstock; Craft Too Butterflies Embossing Folder; Martha Stewart Punches - Classic Butterfly, 3-in-1 Classic Butterfly, & Lace Border Punch; Jenni Bowlin Weather Vane; Unity Stamp Co - With Sympathy & Heartfelt Sentiments; Lace & Buttons - Misc

Butterflies on butterflies....I embossed my white cardstock with butterflies, then I layered my punched out butterflies....all these layers add texture to my card...much needed when you are working with a monochromatic look.

I actually did a little something on the inside too. I usually leave my cards blank inside but I was feeling inspired by so many others out there that decorate the insides of their cards. I did keep it simple with just a sweet little sentiment stamp and some more tiny butterflies.

Its never a good thing to need a sympathy card, but since I needed one, I wanted to make it myself, putting love and care into it.

By the way, does anyone recognize the design?? I scraplifted myself. Check out the original card here.

Hope you all got to spend some time crafting this weekend, especially since it was National Scrapbook Day on Saturday! Thanks for stopping by!





Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment