Scrapbook Resume

Monday 23 December 2013

Playing along with Paper Smooches....

Finally!! I had time to play along with a Paper Smooches SPARK Challenge
I got a bunch of Paper Smooches happy mail the other day and I have been so excited to play with these adorable stamps....
The challenge just seemed like a great reason to break out my new stamps and put them to ink....
at least to get started...hehe!


Anyways, this week's challenge was the Designer Drafts Challenge, which meant this sketch:

I created two cards, both using the sketch as my inspiration...

The first card is a bit more loosely based on the sketch....

Instead of using the two rectangular shapes (orange and tan in sketch) I used two stamped images and cut them out....I turned the large rectangular piece (teal in sketch) and put it across my card vertically instead. But that is what I love about sketches....they are a jumping point to get the creativity flowing.....and it is so fun to see all the different cards that can be made using the same sketch.

Other Supplies Used: Bazzill Cardstock; My Mind's Eye O Christmas Tree Glitter Paper Pad; XPress It Cardstock; Memento Ink - Tuxedo; Copics; Glossy Accents - Ranger; Stickles by Ranger - Stardust; Jenni Bowlin Ink - Brown Sugar; Three Hearts Punch & Scallop Edge Punch - EK Success/Stampin Up; Snowflake Dies - Spellbinders; Button, Photo Corners, Twine & White Tag - Misc.

For my second card I followed the sketch pretty closely.


Other Supplies Used: Bazzill Cardstock; Pebbles Inc Snow Fun Flakes/Dotted Stripe; Studio Calico Tim & Beck Item#SC10012; XPress It Cardstock; Memento Ink - Tuxedo; Copics; Stickles by Ranger - Stardust & Black Diamond; Jenni Bowlin Ink - Weather Vane; Snowflake Dies - Spellbinders; Button - October Afternoon Rocket Age; Washi Tape, Photo Corner, Googley Eyes & White Tags - Misc.

Well, it was so fun to play along! 
Thanks for checking out my cards today!
Happy Christmas!
~Shilo
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Both cards are beautiful I couldn't pick a favourite such a lovely take on this weeks challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice blog very creative and good jobs, a greeting from the Canary Islands.

    Que bonito blog de gran creatividad y buenos trabajos,un saludo desde las islas canarias.
    Planet y Nirva.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are absolutely gorgeous! Love how you interpreted the sketch!

    Thanks for playing along this week at Paper Smooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two wonderful cards! I love the glittery snowman on the first and the google eyes on the penguin on the second. You make me want to get both of these sets right away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your glittery penguin with his google eyes! Very cute. The paper in your first card is perfect for that stamp set. It all came together very nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your take on the sketch. Those glittery penguins give a nice texture too. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Smooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete